Saturday 12 January 2013

newspaper blackout poetry

Newspaper blackout poetry

The newspaper black out poetry was a creative way of writing but it was not for me. I could see how it could be a good release for someone who could not think of how to get their idea out there, but for myself it felt as though my own creativity was being held back and restricted to what was on the page. I found that it took to much time to find the words I was looking for and it was both hard to coup with and frustrating because I would have an idea in my head that I could not put on the page. This also in tern caused me to think in not a way of poetry but more in a way of writing a story, which was what really happened in the end.  To be perfectly honest I would take a blank peace of paper to which I can do what I over something that is give me ideas and distracting me from how I normally express myself. I believe that there is much more opportunity in poetry when you can create something new, it can be useful to pick up ideas from something else in order to help you craft a poem of your own, but other then that I think newspaper black out poetry was a style that I would rarely if ever try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment